APPRENTICE RELIEF BUS OPERATOR/TRAINEE (AT-WILL)
Do you have outstanding customer service skills? Do you have a track record of safe driving? Do you have an interest in working for a mid-size transit agency where you’re known by name and your contributions are valued? If you answered “yes” to all of the above then the City of Torrance Apprentice Relief Bus Operator (ARBO) position is for you!
Do You Have?:
- NO prior commercial passenger transportation driving experience (You read that right! No experience necessary.)
- Five (5) years of driving experience in California without any points over the last three years.
- The availability to work various shifts on weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Top notch people skills and consider yourself a customer service guru.
- An unmatched work ethic along with the ability to be dependable and reliable.
- A Driver’s License that states you are at least 21 years old.
RELIEF BUS OPERATOR
Torrance Transit is currently looking for experienced, Relief Bus Operators with good driving records who are safety conscious and people oriented. Relief Bus Operators are responsible for the safe and timely operation of a transit bus over an assigned route with due regard to the safety and comfort of passengers.
- Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that would have provided the knowledge and skills required is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be:
- Minimum 6 months of driving with a Class A or B license with Passenger endorsement; at least 21 years of age and a satisfactory driving record for the past three years.
- In addition, one (1) year experience driving a public transit bus is preferred.
TEMPORARY EQUIPMENT ATTENDANT (TRANSIT)
Service Attendants work at the City Service Facility lubricating, fueling, cleaning, and assisting in the repair of transit vehicles such as buses, cars, and trucks. This individual also performs routine preventative and maintenance work; assists Mechanics in more complex service and repair of vehicles and equipment; and performs related work as required.
Education and Experience
Two years of experience in lubrication, tire repair, general vehicle and equipment maintenance or repair. No specific education minimum, however, vocational training in the overall repair of vehicles is desirable.
License and/or Certificates
A valid Class B California driver's license within six weeks of hire date.
In addition to the minimum requirements, an ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A mechanical background;
- A background working with alternative fuels (i.e. CNG Hybrid vehicles);
- Ability to follow rules and use precaution with tools and equipment;
- Ability to read and understand maintenance and specification manuals; and
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.