Torrance Transit System takes a pride for being honored as the distinguished Transit Agency of the Year Award at the Small Operator Awards Ceremony hosted by the California Transit Association (CTA) as part of its 54th Annual Fall Conference and Expo held in Monterey, CA, in November 2019. Torrance Transit Systems takes a pride to be the first agency in Southern California to win this award.
This award honors one Small Transit Operator among similar transit systems across the state that has demonstrated excellence in the performance of their system that includes, but is not limited to: ridership, customer service, service expansion and financial management.
Over the past few years Torrance Transit System has successfully executed key projects that have helped in
- reducing green-house gas emission by using 100% alternative fuel vehicles,
- taken measures to improve passenger safety,
- enhance multi-modal travel,
- improve communications, and
- provide an exceptional service to its riders in the Los Angeles and the South Bay area.
We are truly the "little agency doing big things for our customers and the South Bay region".