TAP (Transit Access Pass) is an electronic fare card that can be utilized as a debit card to pay for fare on Torrance Transit buses and 24 other transit agencies in the LA county region. You can re-use and re-load your card with Torrance Monthly Pass or Stored Value (cash value). To learn more about TAP, go to www.TapToGo.net.
How to use a TAP card?
1. If you do not already have one, buy a TAP card for $2 at our Transit store, online at TapToGo.net or at any TAP Vending Machines and local retail stores.
2. Load the TAP card with stored cash value or Torrance Monthly Pass.
3. As you board the bus, tap your card against the farebox and wait for a beep, which indicates that your transaction has gone through successfully.
NOTE: Effective July 15th 2018, transfers can only be purchased on TAP cards using Stored Value (cash value) loaded on it. Click Here for more details.
Where to buy and re-load a TAP card?
TAP card can be purchased
- In-person at
West Annex Transit Store
3031 Torrance Blvd,
Torrance, CA 90503
- Online at taptogo.net
- Call 1-866-TAP-ToGo (1-866-827-8646)
- TAP Vending Machines in LA region
- Click here to find a TAP Vending Machine or a local retail vendor near you.
Torrance Monthly pass can be purchased on TAP card between the 25th and the 14th of each month.