Torrance Community Transit Program
|The Torrance Community Transit Program (TCTP) is a transportation assistance program for residents of the City of Torrance. TCTP includes both the Senior and Dial-a-Taxi Swipe Card programs. TCTP enables participants to purchase credits for taxi rides at a discounted personal cost. Please see below for information regarding this program:|
General Program Information
- Only City of Torrance residents are eligible to participate.
- Participants will be enrolled in either the Senior or Dial-a-Taxi program. Duplicate enrollment is prohibited.
- There are no boundaries, in terms of where you travel. However, if your trip will begin outside of Torrance or return from outside of Torrance, you should first ask the taxi company to verify that the taxi company will honor swipe card payment for that trip.
- Swipe card registration is free. If you lose your swipe card, we initially will replace it for free. After that, any future replacements will cost $5.00.
- Ride credits are non-refundable, non-transferrable and expire ninety (90) days after the date of purchase.
- The maximum number of ride credits that can be purchased per calendar month is twelve.
- Each credit compensates for up to $13.00 of taxi fare.
- Patrons have the option to pay partially with cash, or to instead use more than one ride credit per trip.
Example: Your trip costs $17.00. You can use one ride credit, and pay the remaining $4.00 out-of-pocket with cash.
Alternatively, you can simply use two ride credits (after your first receipt prints, swipe again) and pay nothing
Senior Taxi Program - Additional Requirements & Information
- Participants must be 65 years or older.
- Ride credits can be purchased for $5.00, $3.00, or $1.00, depending on total household income. You may purchase ride credits when you submit your application and register for a swipe card at the West Annex Transit Store.
Dial-a-Taxi Program - Additional Requirements & Information
- Participants in this program must be a disabled resident of Torrance.
- Dial-a-Taxi applications must be completely and legibly filled out by your doctor.
- Ticket prices are $1.00, regardless of income.
- Eligibility must be renewed every year for those on temporary disability.
- Non-ambulatory participants must inform the taxi company that they will need a lift-equipped vehicle. Reservation should be made 24 hours in advance. Same day service may be available, but it is not guaranteed.
How to Register & Purchase Tickets:
- You must apply in-person at the West Annex Transit Center.
- Applications are available at the Transit Center or for download in the Applications section at the top of this webpage.
- All applicants must bring a valid government-issued photo I.D. with them
- All applicants must bring a current utility bill showing your name and address
- Ride credits can be purchased in-person at the West Annex Transit Center or via mailed-in checks.
- Checks must be payable to the City of Torrance
- Write your swipe card ID number on your check, on the memo line.
- Mail checks to:
West Annex Transit Center,
3031 Torrance Blvd.,
Torrance, CA 90503
- Please order at least two weeks in advance to allow time for mailing and processing.
- If you would like a receipt, please provide us your email address on a separate piece of paper, with your check.
Once you start receiving emailed receipts from us, you will know that we have it registered in our system.
At that point, you no longer need to provide us the separate sheet of paper that has your email address.
West Annex Transit Center Contact Information
West Annex Transit Center
3031 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 9050
To register or ask questions, please call: (310) 618-2536.
Mon-Thur: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Alternating Fridays: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. – 4 p.m
Comments or concerns, please call: (310) 618-6266
Taxi Company Providers for the TCTP Program
Currently, TCTP works with three providers in the area. Their contact information is below:
|All Yellow Taxi||310-807-8888|
|South Bay Yellow/United Checker Cab Co-op